Inflow & Infiltration (I&I) – financial and capacity impact
Excess water that flows into a sewer network from stormwater or groundwater—also known as inflow and infiltration—can be a stressful and expensive strain on a network and treatment facility. Through innovative calculations using existing SCADA and GIS data on the data|APX® platform, the Inflow & Infiltration (I&I) module identifies critical areas and estimates the costs in different areas connected to I&I.
- Identify and prioritize areas with high volume of inflow and infiltration.
- Reduce pump and wastewater treatment operating and energy costs.
- Minimize the need for network and treatment plant expansion to handle floods and climate change.
The I&I module on the data|APX® platform consists of several layers of analyses to gain detailed insights for a selected period of time:
- Financial impact: See how much the I&I water costs to pump and treat in the different catchment areas.
- Volume: Identify the volume of I&I water that occurs in the individual catchment areas.
- Total volume of pumping stations: See the total volume passing through the stations and how it compares to dry periods.
- Define pumping and treatment costs, fit to the individual utility.
With data|APX® you gain valuable insights using already existing SCADA data and optimize OPEX at the same time. By prioritizing reinvestments in the areas with highest ongoing I&I costs, the utility ensures efficient budget spending and transparency in the decision-making process.